Apr 2, 2012

A Personal Testimony (Part 3: More “Press On”?)

More “Press on”s? Yes, God still urges me to press on after He whispered “press on” to me for the first time sometime back last year (you may refer to my sharing on 8 February 2012). The two more “press on”s I heard were the times when Colin Kirton wrapped-up the Residential Bible School (RBS) graduation on 8 March 2012 and when Aunty Bee Lian had a chat with Aaron at Mar’12 retreat. All these really caused me to marvel at how God uses different means and people to speak to me.

I must admit that I’m a very stubborn person, no different from the Israelite (Acts 7:51). It took over a year for God to break me until the recent happening that served as a wake-up call to me. (Talk to me if you want more details).

No doubt now I have to work extra hard as all this while I have been slacking. However, after I have admitted my sins and shortcomings, God’s healing grace amazingly flowed through me. Currently, though I sleep less while trying diligently to carry out my daily routine and other things that I need to work on, yet I did not get sick (usually I will get sick easily). And it encourages me even more to know that my relationship with my sister has improved and so has my temper. Praise the Lord! Below is my dedication to our Lord:-
Song 193: Come to the water –last stanza

Jesus, I give You my heart and my soul.

I know that without You, I'd never be whole.

Savior, You opened all the right doors.

And I thank You and praise You from earth's humble shores.

Take me I'm Yours!
You might pause and wonder what is the reason that causes me to share my scars and struggles. It’s simply because we are called to live a transparent life. Please allow me to quote from the book “Discipleship” by David Watson that mentioned “we are to take off our masks. We are to be real with one another. We are to walk in the light, only in this way can we have fellowship with Him and with each other”. Of course, it also corresponds with what was expounded at “Unpretentious: The Beauty Within” –March 2011 retreat.

And it is biblical too. Please see James 5:16a, New King James Version

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

Why wait for your wake-up call, instead of being the initiator to embark on a new spiritual journey with our Lover? =)

Yit Mun
Aka IP Man

Images taken from:
http://cerealandfootball.wordpress.com/category/thoughts-on-life/
http://www.canonglenn.com/category/hearing-god/

No comments: