Jul 9, 2012

Part 4: Philippians 3:12-14 (Press On)

"Not again", you might ponder in your heart. Yit Mun has been getting more and more naggy and long-winded?? Sharing on the same verses again and again…

What has happened is this:


Due to God’s grace, I managed to bring my dad to Chinese Ministry’s Parent Day Dinner, hoping that my dad can hear the gospel once again. After the preaching, I did some following-up with my dad on his opinion and so on. His feedback actually pierced my heart and at another incident, my sister also pointed out her views on me. No doubt these have caused a great impact on me as I was thinking that I've improved as a Christian but my family thinks otherwise. After the Bible study group prayed for me, again the above-mentioned verses on “press on” popped-out in my mind.
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
Seriously I know I am nowhere near perfection but I press on, that I may grapple the purpose that Christ Jesus has for me. I must say I’m still “work-in-progress”! I am asking God to give me the extra portion of strength, grace and better time management to handle the things before me!
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
Brothers and sisters, though God has unfolded many things through my meditation and time alone with Him, I still need more time to figure out the full plan from Him to place me in such a situation.


But something for sure here is that, God urges me to lay aside my baggage and slowly forget my past that has daunted me every now and then. Here, God asked me to throw away everything that hinders my growth (Heb 12:1a) and stretch forth my hand to what He has in store for me.
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Again, He prompted me to march on until I reach my target for the eternal reward of His specific calling in my life. May this piece of sharing encourages you in your walk with our good God! XD

In Him, Yit Mun (aka IP Man)

Images taken from:
http://mklasing.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/business-failing-well-raise-your-prices-just-ask-the-post-office/
http://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-Luggage-32-Inch-Wheeled/dp/B004UB3P3O

No comments: