Apr 20, 2008

Sexuality Part ll

Today was part 2 of sexuality. Part 1 was just biology, i.e. what we've learnt in school.

I must admit that some of the things said today were really relevant in our lives, in our society which little or none is mentioned about sexuality. For once, I didn't know that all guys faced the same problem (yea u r not alone).

Something scared me today, I learnt that during the act itself, not only are we bonded physically but spiritually as well. No wonder God was so strict about Christians being unequally yoked with unbelievers. An example was given about a girl who was possessed by a Hindu god, when she did not even pray to Hindu gods. Later on, they discovered that she had intimacy with her Indian boyfriend which was probably why she was possessed.

Besides, in Ephesians 3 (i think), we know that the angels look to the church to learn the wisdom of God, which the church refers to us. Now when the angels witness us having more than 1 partner, by right our only partner should be our spouse and only our spouse alone. Going back to the Bible, Christ is the head of the church and we (the church) are the bride. So it makes perfect sense that we remain faithful to our spouse. So, when angels look at us having more than one partner, they may think that it's okay to serve more than one God or any other bad ideas.

Next, I learnt something really useful, not that I didn't know this before but it's reinforced. All along, when people talk about love, I would get really skeptical. True love is all about sacrifice. Period. I often hear people changing partners like changing clothes. Would you rather get a really hot partner but have nothing in common? Or would you get a partner which you grow old together?

A question I often pose to my friends is, would you still love that person when the person is 60 years old? Imagine wrinkles and anything associated with old age. They'd say NO. I personally would choose to grow old with mine, anything more is a bonus. What I'm trying to say is that we should look and evaluate the future. If you really love him/her, knowing that person is all that matters and sex would be secondary.

Christianity was meant to be radical. We're called to be salt and light of the earth, and how is this non-radical??? May we be strengthened in our faith daily. God Bless...

No comments: