Oct 26, 2010

Lost

Climbing gunung angsi for the second time did not make it all that easy. We were more prepared this time, but nonetheless it was still tough. The steep stairs were the hardest part for me. Each stair was almost a foot high and the flight of stairs never ended. Every time we reached a bend, we were met with another flight of stairs and this continued a few times. It was not only physically challenging but mentally challenging as well as we did not know exactly when we would reach the top.

Well, I think our Christian lives are like climbing up a steep, windy hill. It is never easy, always an uphill battle, be it against the world or against your old nature. On top of that, it is a life of faith. Often times we do not see the end result of God's plan. We are just called to do it. This is just like that bend with the flight of stairs after it. God reveals His plans one step at a time. We have to continually seek Him out for guidance on this journey of life of ours.

Easier said than done right? Don't we find ourselves sometimes lost and distant from God?

Sometimes we do tend to get carried away with our busy lives and stop keeping up with Him until one day when we wake up and find ourselves Lost.

So I just want to encourage you guys to keep focused on the goal which you have been called to. Lets not get lost and also encourage others to stay on the track and finish the climb!

Philippians 3:12-14
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

- Alex 'c o p h y' Tan

No comments: