Jan 25, 2011

Knowing is not enough

I was talking to a non-Christian friend the other day and she made a statement that gave me a lot to think about. She said:

“I see no difference between Christians and non-Christians.”

I thought a lot about my life and how I portrayed myself to the people around me. Does Jesus really show in my life? Personally, I’ve been going to church since I was a kid and I know. I know that Jesus saved me. I know that He loves me. I know that I should live for Him and Him alone. I know; but is that enough? I know it in my mind but am I truly convicted in my heart?

Does His word show to the people around me?

In 2 Corinthians 3:3, Paul says:
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
We are a like an open book for everyone around us to read. We are a letter from Christ Himself. The best way to tell our friends about God is by example. Live for Him alone, so that when they read us like an open book, we can be like a letter from Christ with the Spirit of God written on our hearts.
If someone were to read your life like a book, would they find Jesus in its pages?

- Phoebe Lim

No comments: