Feb 11, 2011

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is


Many of my friends have asked me about my Christian faith as a religion. I always correct them by telling them how it’s a relationship with God and how I now live for Him. But when I look back at my life, it does not always seem to be that way.

I feel complacency, or in my case procrastination, is the main cause of stagnant-ness in our walk. We keep putting things off or tell ourselves “its only a small thing what” or “once in a while won’t hurt much”. And then we go around telling people how we live for God and how they should too. We live as though Christ does not.

I just want to urge you guys to take a step back to ponder upon your walk with God. Has it been silent for a while? Has it been getting warmer? Colder maybe? Life in the city often is fast paced and going with the flow of things often happens. So just a reminder to stay focused in this race that you have been called out to.

Philipians 3:12b - 14:
.. but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Peace =)

- Alex Tan

Images taken from:
http://davidwarkentin.blogspot.com/2010/09/last-thing-in-world-id-want-is-personal.html
http://tha-come-up.blogspot.com/2011/01/stay-focused.html

No comments: