Dec 5, 2011

A personal testimony – Part 1 (Laziness)

Further to my sharing on 7 Nov 2011 titled, “A personal testimony – An introduction”. I would like to say that
Ecclesiastes 5:4-5, New King James Version (NKJV) When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed— Better not to vow than to vow and not pay.
I have vowed to God to take me, break me and mould me sometime back last year and that vow remains the same until today [p.s. I must say that we have to be mindful when we sing song that goes like this as there are real costs accompanying it]
Approved In Every Way
by Ng Wah Lok

I want to be Your servant Lord,
To serve You each and every day
I want to give my best to You
Approved in every way

CHORUS:
Make my life a living sacrifice
The way you want me to be
To serve You with all my heart
Whatever the cost to me
Take me, break me, mold me, Lord
As the Potter shapes the clay
Pleasing You in all I do
Approved in every way.

I'll stand before Your righteous throne
To hear "Thou good and faithful one"
"Well done" from the Master's lips
Approved in every way.
I found that God has begun tackling my laziness issue from the day I made the vow. In actual fact, my laziness has caused me to be undisciplined, procrastinate, disorganized, complacent, forgetful, depend on others and expect to get spoon fed!

As I reflect on my life, I began to think…If only I study hard during my primary and secondary school days, I would have built a strong foundation for my tertiary education and my life. Now my life is in a mess as I have to learn many things from scratch, including managing my time.

Believe me or not, that I use reminders to help me to remember things and this has caused my brain to fail me many times when I want to remember important things.

Also, as I use more of my brain to think, instead of asking for an answer, I realized my brain has so much capacity that I never tapped it and got it rusty. In result, I have to work extra hard to rescue the situations. At the same time, I am excited that my learning curve has somewhat began, though staggering.

After admitting my sins (laziness is a sin too!) before God and seeking advice from spiritually more matured individuals, I felt God is again touching my life and has allowed me to turn a new leaf. It is exactly what 1 John 1:9, New King James Version (NKJV) says:
If we [I] confess our [my] sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our [my] sins and to cleanse us [me] from all unrighteousness.
I am thankful to God, though the breaking and moulding process was extremely painful but I know good things will come as what was said in Philippians 1:6, New King James Version (NKJV)
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you [me] will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

Yit Mun
a.k.a IP Man

Note: words in [] are the words I personalized in my context.

Images taken from:
http://cog-ff.com/html/Should%20You%20VOW.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1232582/Government-guarantee-mortgage-childrens-future.html
http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/laziness/

No comments: