Feb 8, 2012

A Personal Testimony (Part 2: Press On)

Philippians 3:12-14, New King James Version (NKJV)
Pressing Toward the Goal
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
These verses would be familiar to those who attended the Dec’11 Amazing Race – Family edition camp at Kundang, Rawang and those who memorized the verses (For your information, the whole meditation verses for the camp was Phil 3:12-Phil 4:1).

When I meditated on those verses during camp, not much thought came to me and I was rather anxious during the sharing after that as I have nothing to share! However, the word “press on” suddenly came to me as my sister shared all her job search and working experience and how God spoke to her. I never expect God to speak to me during our sharing as it was the period of time that daily I spent an hour or two searching for a job. Again, I would like to stress that I am not that kind of person who likes to job-hop but have no choice at that moment.

Perplex and confused, I swept the thought aside and took my sister’s advice to still do my best at work. After a few days of serious attempts at work, lo and behold, my senior who saw my slight improvements commanded (really!) me to stay and cancel all my leaves that consist of about 8 back-to-back interviews (one of them is a second interview). I was of course deeply overjoyed as it means that I am capable of change.

The incidences above have happened more than 3 weeks already but I am still seeking a confirmation from the Lord that the “press on” means?
i) Press on at current job
ii) Press on for change
iii) Press on for job search till I can find one that suits me
iv) Press on item i) & ii) above

As I meditate and ask God for the confirmation, this song came to my mind:-

God Will Make A Way (Song 612 in Spectrum of Praise)
God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today
And it has miraculously tied in with my quiet time passage. The verse is
Isaiah 43:19-20, NKJV
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.

The beast of the field will honor Me,
The jackals and the ostriches,
Because I give waters in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert,
To give drink to My people, My chosen.
To my amazement, in the 4 chapters of Isaiah that I did and still in the midst of my quiet time, assurance like these came to me again and again to help me to have more confidence to face my unknown future.
Isaiah 41:10, NKJV
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Isaiah 41:14, NKJV
“Fear not, you worm Jacob,
You men of Israel!
I will help you,” says the LORD
And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 43:5, NKJV
Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your descendants from the east,
And gather you from the west;

Isaiah 44:2, NKJV
Thus says the LORD who made you
And formed you from the womb, who will help you:
‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant;
And you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.

Isaiah 44:8, NKJV
Do not fear, nor be afraid;
Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock;
I know not one.’”
{Background to my sharing: As you can see from my sharing dated 7 November 2011 and 5 December 2011, you will be aware that I’m in God’s breaking and refining process now. Via this process, I saw an appalling numbers of my sins and shortcomings and all these sins and weaknesses has caused myself a lot of trouble at work – to the extent that I was asked to resign}

If today you’re at a crossroad, do allow God to speak to you. When you pray, meditate and fast about your direction in life/career/studies, ask God! (Matthew 7:7-11, NKJV) though God is not the genie in “Aladdin” who will answer your wish when you rub the lamp, but He will definitely answer you, as I do, though still waiting for more to come.

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

In Him,
Yit Mun
Aka IP Man

Images taken from:
http://www.dailydevotionals.co/2011_07_07_archive.html
http://ultimatemillionairemind.com/god-will-make-a-way.html
http://godswhispers1.wordpress.com/page/2/

No comments: