Jan 7, 2013

Be a Disciple in the Lord's Service


During my stay in Kolkata, in the face of extreme poverty and despair, my friend asked me, “How can you still believe in a God after all that you have seen?”

I couldn’t answer him that, but what I did say was this. “True, the poverty and suffering here is very real, but there is also one thing that is true, and that is there are many sisters (the nuns) here, Christian volunteers and missionaries who gave up everything in their lives to help these people out of love.”

We went on to talk more about God, perhaps he still wasn’t convinced by the case I made, but he too couldn’t deny the good that the Christians were doing here in Kolkata.

The theme for our Church this year is “BE A DISCIPLE IN THE LORD’S SERVICE”. I personally like this theme a lot._.


Action speaks louder than words. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. And as light shines through the darkness, so is the kindness and love the Christian show to the world through humble service towards others. And ultimately others will see the love of God through us, His children.
 1 Corinthians 15:58  
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 
There are still many questions that remain unanswered within me, but I believe if I persevere and serve the Lord, I would find the answers that I am looking for. Seek and you shall find. Rock steady my brothers and sisters in Christ (#._.)

- Derrick Khor Zhong Wei

Images taken from:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/dey/sets/103207/
http://renrutkram.com/2010/03/15/being-a-follower-of-christ/

No comments: