Jan 29, 2013

Renewed Life – A New Creation


The year 2012 has passed and the month of January 2013, has almost come to an end. Do you have something that you resolute to do last year but failed, and you try to make up to it this year?

As I reflect on my life in year 2012, I have become remorseful due to the many precious years that I have wasted, plagued by my laziness and “tidak apa” attitude. I hope I could turn back time but the fact of life is that time wasted is gone, and will never return.

As I am working on my laziness, I find that it has proliferated to so many areas of my life. It has caused me to “just do it” without thinking of the consequences, unable to multitask, find it difficult to pick up new skills, languages or to obtain knowledge.

Last year was a “carry-forward” year of repenting from laziness. However, due to my over ambitious goals and overlooking certain factors such as planning for youth events, falling sick and relying on my own strength for most of the things that I wanted to do - I fell short of my aim.

As I allowed God to change me, He also placed in many challenges in my life towards the end of last year. I had to work long hours in my job while not slacking in quiet time, prayer, sports and my prior engagements.


I am thankful to Him that through those challenges, God has also used me as a testimony for His glory. The willingness to take on the challenges at work has caught my colleagues attention to Christ whereby I could share my testimony. Eventually, I even brought one of my colleagues to our church Christmas lunch last year! =)

Very miraculously, God sustained my health through the that specific period of time until all my tasks have been completed by mid Jan’13. It was always the case that I would fall sick and be unwell frequently. The verse 2 Corinthians 12:9 echoes in my mind,
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
No doubt, I have also have my “down” times whereby I felt tempted to relapse back to my old-self but thanks be to God for His constant reminders. His promise at 1 Cor 10: 13, NKJV (No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it) and a mentor who never gave up on me.

I remembered one of our youth advisors did mention that we would get busier and busier, I too had the expectation of myself to get busier in this new year as I have a renewed aim and things that I want to learn and press on for change.


God affirmed that I could be a new creation as the old has passed away and new has come (2 Cor 5:17, NKJV). I am indeed very excited of the things that I wanted to learn and press on.

Sharing from a personal experience, let us instead of spending excessive time in studies/computer games/hang out with friends – perhaps we should consider the desire to spend quality time with your Lover above, to show care to someone in need or to spend more time with your family!


In Him,
Yit Mun (aka IP Man)

Images taken from:
http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/personalization/how-to-stick-to-an-optimization-solution/
http://brainlesionandme.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/hawmc-day-27-5-challenges-and-5-small-victories/
http://grist.org/article/2010-11-23-behavior-change-causes-changes-in-beliefs-not-vice-versa/

No comments: