Jul 30, 2008

Copa Iba 2008!

COPA IBA. The game of Captain ball, the game of skill, the game of Courage, and some say… The Game for girls!!! But well, as a Church we went there as one. With a few new faces. And here we are, at the stadium in Klang. SPARTANS!!!!
(Now you probably know who wrote this entry)


0900 Well, we are here in the Stadium. Guess what? We are Late!!! But well. We just crept through when so many fingers were pointing at the late comers. That was us. We just sat down and listen to MAXX as he spoke on a simple yet touching story about the Love of GOD. I could see that the Spartans were ready for action. Anxious and looking all around the other churches. Hoping to compare our teams’ strength with theirs. But well, at least we are one.


0930 The Games begin. As I was the manager for junior team. (I know what you are thinking) Yes. I am not so senior myself. You can see it. Then junior team started their strategy planning. Not long after, we got the fixtures and timetable for our battle. The SPARTANS are ready to Rock and Roll.


1000 Turns out… We ROLL instead of Rock… We were beaten into pieces of ham by SAGC in the first round. Probably we were too panic. but it’s ok. We reviewed our strategy and came out with a better one. Then It’s time to support our senior. King Leonidas (ONG)!!!


1020 Well, as expected, the other people are just too strong for our senior team. We did every necessary preparation. But we also encounter the same problem. The other people were always too tall. We were too short. They beaten us flat like a pancake. I feel the burn like an elephant. Though disappointed. But life must go on… the Junior Spartans are preparing for the next showdown.


1050 Now, we started the battle with PJGH. It was breathtaking. But most to my relieve, we nailed this round, with Aaron on the first half doing all the assisting. Man, you should see him run, he runs like a leopard, the opposite side was just too packed with players when he is doing the defending. Tzer Chyuan on the chair and Swee Rong on the Blocker. These guys were the bomb man. Swee Rong reminds me of myself when I was Blocker when I was form 3. But the fact was that. I suck big time. He rocked big time. Tzer Chyuan too. He reminded me so much of Magic Johnson. I will remember him as the Catcher who caught almost 100% of the ball. God must have send them to help us. What about our guys? Zhou Ming, Jason and Eric SOO? And our night elf warriors? Much more after the break.


1130 Lunch Break. As the team manager, I had to run around buying stuff for my homies. Ah… But I am glad that the ice between us is finally broken down now. I can finally talked to them like friends. Talked to Ash Li. Hsing Shan and even Phoong Li Yan. Phoong!!!! (Who hit me?) Then, as we talked, I assembled the team, to give thanks to the Lord for pulling us through the first two rounds. As to markup our 3rd and 4th match, we finally come out with an infallible Strategy. THE PLAN.


0130 Break is finally over and the SPARTANS are back in action. The surprising thing was that we are battling against PJGH again. Can you see the tension they put us in? We are up to battle. And this time, PJGH put up too a good fight. Though we won, its also a lesson well learnt. We have to be consistent.


0245 Fast forward too the match with SAGC. AGAIN!!! This time, we are determined to avenge our losses, we fought and fought, I have never been so tense in my life. But I guess, it’s never too late to get up and fight. Fought and fought, we finally won by a margin of 16-15, it was so close. But thanks to Zhou ming and ERIC, THEY nailed the match, you should have seen Eric Fly. When he got the ball and passed it to one of the girls, and Mariko, she sacrificed for us. She got the ball and passed it to ONE OF THE GIRLS, and immediately., Tzer Chyuan caught the ball. And Jason? He sacrificed a lot to put Zhou ming, Tze Chyuan, Eric and Aaron in . He wasn’t reluctant to come out when I asked him to. Looks like I have so much to learn from him. He was so eager to let everyone in while he only played a little, as well Aaron and Zhou Ming, I am so thankful for them. In Fact, I learned from them too that we should take turns, and as a group, its not who scores that matter. But who is involved, I am really sorry if I left out any of the guys. Zhou Ming, Aaron and Jason in particular. Please forgive me.


0345 Soon enough, we finished our routine by playing with PJGH again. We won this round. Fighting our way through. Before I went to the counter to obtain our next fixtures of match, Ashley Came!!!! We all thanked the LORD for the victory. I went to get the fixtures. However, things got a bit complicated. We found out our next opponent is PKGH. Port Klang Gospel Hall. We nailed this match as well… Fui-YoH!!!!


0445 And finally, we face PJGH for the 3rd time. Much to our surprise, they improved greatly in terms of their speed. I, myself was pretty shocked at the beginning as they scored the first ball. But thankfully, we still won this match. As the team retire, I am so glad we won so many rounds today. God has really been so good to us, the Junior team of TTDIGC.


0645 Time to take the prize. And after the prize giving, we went Home. What a tiring day. I have to say a few things to a few people.

1) The Junior team. You guys rock!!! This is my 1st shot being the manager, but if I get another chance, I would want to be the manager again.


2) Tzer Chyuan and Eric Soo. You guys really impressed me. Like I said earlier, God must have send you to our church to help us. Thank you both so much. I am happy that the both of you joined us. Tzer Chyuan, thank you for catching. You are 20 times the catcher I am. Eric, I never saw a human fly until I saw you. You guys rock!!!


3) The Girls. MAN… I never saw so much skills within you all. You guys rock too. You BATU!!! Li Yan, Ash Li, Wen Li, Hsing Shan and Mariko. Thank You!!! Your untimely sacrifice Mariko, Thank You.


4) Swee Rong. I just want to say. You are such a tall, yet nice blocker. I am so happy that you are here to play for us. At the same time, I so grateful to Hsing Shan for inviting you here. Thank You.


5) Evelyn. The warrior Princess. You are good as a captain man. I am so proud of you. Thank you for 3 of your friends. As I have said that day, your friends are now my friends too!!! ( Still remember the Gay Moment?)


6) Jason. Thank You J! You really sacrifice a lot for this team. I really want to thank you. If there is one thing you should know. Thank you!!!! I learn one every important lesson from you.

7) Aaron and Zhuo Ming. You guys were really good in passing the ball and in assisting. Thank you guys so much. I am sorry if I have left you guys out throughout the day.


Your Captain,
Johnson.

No comments: