Jul 8, 2008

Youthing (?)

You must be saying what a weird title.. Yea i got it from "Parenting"

SO yesterday was the talk on Parenting or rather Youthing, which was a combined session. Some things really got me thinking, am I being a good/obedient child to my parents?

More often than not, we think that our parents misunderstand us. May I challenge you to think of their circumstances. E.g. The environment they were brought up, their education, their culture, etc.

Paul asked us to season our speech with salt, meaning we should think before we talk AND think of how our parents might feel. Yes you might be saying, it's no use cuz they always do that, but then again why do they always do that? It goes both ways, they're merely human too..

Many times, we're just plain lazy when our parents ask us to do something, be it take out the trash, mop and sweep. We or rather I always procrastinate by saying "l a t e r l a" I don't know why but it's my favourite excuse. Or studying for that matter. Aih. Maybe I should just think of the future as in doing all this builds character, which we'd bring with us to Heaven not some temporal pleasure of sorts by lazying around.

OK enough of my ranting.. Hope I didn't bore you guys

God bless =)

No comments: