Jul 22, 2008

Parting words...

Alrite guys, I'm finally in Melbourne.. I want to thank God from the bottom of my heart, He made it possible for me, not just the past few months but throughout my entire life. God has truly been my Father, my Father in heaven. I'm sure as He blessed me, He'll bless you too. Our lives should be a blessing to others, as God blesses us, return it back =)

I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, as I do it unintentionally. For the times when I've said harsh words or rebukes, know that I only want you to grow and I did that out of love for God and you. I'm sorry also for not getting to know everyone on a personal level. There's just so much to be done. On Sundays especially after Morning Service. I'd love to talk more with you but I'm always running off somewhere.. Sorry. To the older ones, do mix more with the younger ones to make them feel welcome. That was how we made you feel welcome rite? LOL! Now it's your turn... To the younger ones, don't be shy!! They won't intimidate you, if they do, you can always tell on them, haha.

To the older ones, besides, you all must take up more responsibilities ya? Simple things don't need uncles and aunties to tell la, "Pick up the piece of paper, Bring the empty cup behind, Mop that patch of water, Arrange the chairs before service, etc". The church belongs to God, not to us, always remember that. We only do it for God, not for him/her to see. We must take up simple/basic responsibilities. Do not think, "Let others do it la". If everyone thinks like that then the chairs would arrange themselves overnight then...

I really wanna stress this, break from your cliques!!! Invite other people to join us and make them feel welcome. Let me ask you something, honestly, who was the last person to join us in the YF? And when was that? I dare say none. I bear equal fault to this as well for not inviting friends to the YF, all of them stay kinda far, but I should know better. Please! If there's one thing I want to see when I come back is not whether you remember me or not but rather the quality and quantity of your fellowship. I do not want petty misunderstandings and arguments to get in the way. We know in the past it did pretty much damage, and I really hope it has been fully settled among you. This is the work of the devil, do not give in to him at all! We are not children of the devil BUT we are children of God! Draw strength from our Father in heaven.

It's my sincere hope that you remember what I just said, I might sound like your nanny but those were my parting words.. Every single one of them. Yep, that's all. I hope you take this seriously, there's a time for everything, a time to play n have fun (yes we do have serious loads of fun), and a time to be serious. So let us give God what is due.

Love,
Ivan

No comments: