Aug 23, 2010

Spiritual Warfare


I believe it's true - we don't talk about this topic often, don't we?

Yet, as followers of Christ do we not ought to know who's our real allies and enemies?

Ephesians 6:12-13

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Back then when I was in SMDU (Sekolah Menengah Damansara Utama) & KDU college, I felt that on numerous occasions I was the only one in the battlefield of the spiritual warfare. Trying to glorify God's name and being righteous was wearing me off so quickly and the next thing I knew, I grew weary and burdened.

I was told that there were "allies" on the field but they don't seem to be doing much in the battle and as an injured soldier, I hung my uniform up and decided to go "off duty". They seem to be happy minding their own business after all and that really stumbled me!

Let not the evil one get the best out of - not just you but all of you!

Instead of waiting for others to take first step, let us as the Youth of TTDIGC take the first step instead! May I suggest that you take note of your brothers & sisters in Christ, approach them and encourage one another. If you're unsure where to find them, CF would be a good place to start with. Let them know that they're not alone in this warfare - your united prayers will prove to be your best weapon in this battle!

1 Timothy 4:12

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. "

If you come across believers in your respective academic grounds that does not meet up your expectations, remember that in all that you do, do it in faith.

Galatians 6:8-10

"The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."


Before I end off this post, during one of the morning service we had in Church, Unc Lay Seng did brought this up - that many of us did not take note of the fine print when we accepted the Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, into our lives.

John 15:20

"Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."

If you haven't put on your uniform and join the others in the warfare, why not start now? :) If you're worried that you're not equipped for battle, let us know!

*hint* Prayer is a great start at it!

God bless,
daryl 's u n d a e' heng


Images taken from:

http://www.faithinthefield.com/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/telegraphchristmasappeal/3545833/Christmas-Charity-Appeal-Combat-Stress-is-giving-troops-a-fighting-chance.html
http://www.freefoto.com/preview/904-30-2081?ffid=904-30-2081

No comments: