Dec 9, 2010

Crisis @ Workplace

The prelude of this is at the TTDIGC YTM blog post dated on the 9th November 2010.

Now I am at the brink of losing my job, which was also one of my sources of security. You may refer to my writings at these blog posts on 14th September 2010 and 12th October 2010 which mentioned that I am a highly insecure person from young. Once again, I found myself being struck and compelled to leave my comfort zone.

Frankly speaking, this is the only job that I have worked for a long time (4 years plus) after my graduation. My 1st job was 13 months while my 2nd job was only 11 months. I got very comfortable at this 3rd job, something like how many of you feel after some years of hanging out with the same bunch of people.

Office politics are always there at all my current and previous workplaces. However, things have changed after my 2nd boss came to power. In all the troubles I have in my office, it echoes with the Psalmist writing at Psalm 57:1-5 (New King James Version)
1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

2 I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.

3 He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

4 My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.

5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.


Yes, indeed may they have prepared a net for my steps;
My soul is bowed down;
They have dug a pit before me;
Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah (Psalm 57:6)

If you are going through a period of suffering, remember that God has promised this:-
John 16:33 (New King James Version)
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
God did not promise a bed of roses after you became a Christian but He promised that He will be there for us. Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen - Matthew 28:20 (New King James Version)

-Yit Mun

Images taken from:

http://www.dynamicbusiness.com.au/articles/articles-hr-and-staff/70-percent-of-employees-need-more-strees-at-work-2256.html
http://thedivinemercy.org/news/story.php?NID=2455

No comments: