Nov 9, 2010

Office Politics


Lately I experience a new wave of politics at work. OK, what is office politics all about? Some office politics that I face are as such: colleagues say very demeaning words, treat you as if you’re invisible, purposely do not want to do their part of the work in order to delay your work etc. Many things they also do in order to get rid of you or make your life difficult because you are just not on their “side” or “gang” which can be caused simply you’re different from them.

Guess what? One of the people who tried to make me a victim of office politics is a brother in Christ. How sad to realize that my brother-in-Christ is a hypocrite! My fellow brothers and sisters, let not become one of them when you start working, for the Scripture says in Psalm 37: 27 -
Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell forevermore.

Yes, for these 6 years plus that I have been working, I am upset and depressed over many situations and I cried out “Lord, how long will the wicked, how long will the wicked triumph?” (Psalm 94:3, NKJV) and gnashing my teeth when I see those “bad” people triumph. But, I find that God is always faithful to me and answers the cries from my heart. Not only that, I find strength in the time of trouble (Psalm 37:39b) and comfort knowing that God says:
Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.

For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the LORD,
They shall inherit the earth. (Psalm 37: 1-9)


It is my desire to be like a tree, planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper (Psalm 1:3).

May it be your desire too! As you journey with the Lord :)

- Yit Mun

Images taken from:

http://www.codecraftersinc.com/humor_contents.htm
http://www.iowabiz.com/2008/01/
http://lifesgoldenrule.com/

No comments: