Nov 4, 2010

Duet with God

I once searched for days for a particular music score for a song I heard and fell in love with. When I found it, I was ecstatic. I printed out all ten pages of it and rushed to the piano excitedly. However, it sounded different when I played it. It was hollow, empty and incomplete.

Herein lies the problem- the song was a duet.

If you have ever played one part of a duet, you would know that it doesn’t work that way. You can’t have one part without the other. Both duettists have to come together once in a while to practise playing the song as a whole. Only then, with loads of practice, would the song be beautiful.

To me, I find our relationship with God like a duet composed for two people. We can’t leave God out of the song, or else the song would be incomplete. Likewise, God must be an element in all parts of our lives. Any part done without Him would result in an incomplete duet.

Furthermore, we have to constantly spend time working on our song with God to strengthen our relationship. This can be done through quiet time, prayer, and fasting.

Let this be an encouragement to all of us to perfect our song with God. Let the harmonies of the duet crescendo to an amazing, polished melody.

- Jo-Yi

Images taken from:

http://www.khabele.org/main/support-khabele/auction-and-sponsors
http://wordincarnate.wordpress.com/2008/05/

No comments: