Sep 14, 2010

Reassurance on Insecurities


All these while, I have been a lone ranger. I jog alone, run errands alone and do many things alone sometimes till midnight without realizing that I put myself at risk.

I was first shaken from my comfy life when my handbag was stolen from my 28-year-old car boot when I went jogging. After that, my new car was smashed by 2 motorcyclists, and they stole my handbag. The 3rd time, my mobile phone was being stolen from the back room of my house. In the most recent case, I was being peeped through the mosquito netting in my room. All these happened just within a year, it causes me to wonder what God intended to tell me even though I have tightened the security.

When the peeping incident happened on Sunday 6.30am, I was really afraid of even going out of my house and attend the morning service. However, my mentor advised me to go, so I did. God has indeed comforted me there and then during the morning service. The message spoken by Uncle Chiong Seng is Haggai 2:4 (New King James Version)

That morning, God says that He will be with me even in the darkest moment of my life. May this verse not be merely head knowledge about God but I could truly experience His presence all the days of my life.

4 Yet now be strong, Zerubbabel,’ says the LORD; ‘and be strong, Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest; and be strong, all you people of the land,’ says the LORD, ‘and work; for I am with you,’ says the LORD of hosts.

Frankly speaking, the fears and nightmares in me still linger till today! Yesterday when I did my Quiet Time, I realized that I need to depend on God too! (Lone rangers like me always do things on my own; seldom pray to God for strength and empowerment etc). Now, I know that I’m not that strong after all and I have to cling on God’s promises on the above verse as well as another verse:- 2 Timothy 1:7 (New King James Version)


7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.


Actually all these 4 incidents do test my faith on God; I realize my faith was shaken by the evil one. The words and verse that Uncle Vincent mentioned when he was encouraging us to attend the prayer and fasting night on the 9th September 2010 was indeed true - we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6: 12, New King James version)

May, in His time, He indeed make all this things beautiful. Please refer to Song 670 in our usual song book.
In His time, in His time,
He makes all things beautiful, in His time,

Lord, please show me everyday,

As You're teaching me Your way,

That You do just what You say, in Your time.

In Your time, in Your time,
You make all things beautiful, in Your time.

Lord, my life to You I bring,
May each song I have to sing,

Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.

Craving for your prayers!

Quick Note:

For any of you who do not feel that morning worship or doing quiet time relevant to you, please give yourself a try. Come and stay through the morning worship and spend time studying the word of God as God will indeed speak to you through these. If you have something that you do not really understand, you may check out with the older youths! :)

- Yit Mun

Images taken from:

http://blogintheloop.intheloop.tv/2009/10/22/insecure-men.aspx
http://www.therealestateinvestingjourney.com/2008/11/tithing-on-gross-vs-net-what-exactly-is.html

No comments: