Mar 31, 2011

Time To Wake Up

Tensions in the Middle East. Earthquakes in Asia. Is the end nearing?

Well, the Bible does say we are living in the end times. Whether or not the end is now or in the next 1000 years is still a mystery. We however as Christians, are called to be the light of the world. To reach out, to lead. If this is the end, have we done enough? Have we lived out our faith?

Just the other day I was going through facebook. Tons of people were posting about how we should pray for all the people who were victims in these events. Im not sure how many of them actually prayed themselves, but the question is are we like that? Our calling is much greater than just praying alone. We need to take action. Maybe we can’t help those affected, but we can love those around us. Schoolmates, family members, teachers, friends. The harvest is plentiful, you just have to open your eyes and reach out.

Matthew 25:41-45
Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'
So my friends, we have to work out our faith. No point just saying we care and ‘praying’ with no action. These events should be a good reminder to keep on track as you never know when the time is up so keep pressing guys!!


- Alex Tan

Images taken from:
http://www.himho.com/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami/
http://talesfromthelou.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/food-prices-at-dangerous-levels-says-world-bank/

No comments: