Apr 6, 2011

Jesus takes the wheel

With the earthquakes and everything that’s been happening in the world lately, we have been reminded to share the gospel and reach out to the people around us.

Personally, I struggle when trying to share the gospel with my friends. I worry about whether or not I said the right thing, whether or not I said it the right way, the right time etc. As we are supposed to be the salt and light of the world, I keep thinking that I am not “good enough” and might disgrace Christ’s name when I share.

However, I was reminded that it is not about me at all. I was complaining recently to my dad about certain circumstances in my uni. I ranted about how I would be able to accomplish so much more if things were different and how it was all so unfair.

My dad told me this quote from Edward Everett Hale: “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do and, by the grace of God, I shall do”.

It was a strong reminder to me that God can use me as I am and in whatever circumstances. He places us where we are for a reason. He is always in control and we just have to trust Him. We don’t have to be perfect for God to use us. After all, if only perfect people qualified to serve Him, then none of us would be able to meet that criteria.

A verse from the song “People Need the Lord” goes:

We are called to take His light
To a world where wrong seems right
What could be too great a cost
For sharing Life with one who’s lost?

Matthew 10:19-20
But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
We don’t need to worry about what to say or how to say it. God is in control and we just need
to trust Him. It is not about us after all; it is about Him.

- Phoebe Lim

Images taken from:
http://www.republicreport.com/libya-why-not-yemen-tunisia-egypt-bahrain-jordan-syria-saudi-arabia-etc-written-by-paul-i-adujie/
http://jasondevoll.com/2011/01/31/god-helps-those-who-help-themselves/

No comments: