Jun 23, 2011

Sharing Christ’s Love & Shining for Him

Are you excited about God today? Is there anything that hinders you to be excited about God and tell the good news? Was it the fear of rejection / don’t know what to say / don’t have adequate knowledge about Christianity hinder all that?

Frankly speaking, I too have a certain kind of fear when there’s an opportunity to share about Christ. However, as I take the courage to share even a testimony of how God works in my life, I find that God really gave me the right words to speak, just like how God enable Peter to speak in front of the Sanhedrin in Acts 4:1-10, New King James Version (NKJV).
Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. And they laid hands on them, and put them in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand. And it came to pass, on the next day, that their rulers, elders, and scribes, as well as Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the family of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, “By what power or by what name have you done this?” Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
Just naming a recent incident that God used me to make known the Gospel and the person has started to go to Church and read the Bible. Some, if not most of you would know that I just changed my job recently. Prior to applying to this new job, I was diligently seeking God’s will for the next job that He places me in as I do not want to simply pick another job because the current working conditions were unbearable for me.

One of the key prayer items I made then was that I could be a light that lead others to God. Me of little faith really did not think that God will answer my prayer so speedily.

After just about 2 months working at my new company, God has opened a doorway for me to reach out to my colleague after she shares her personal struggle with me. In this short span of time, she actually trusted me and Christians as a whole and open enough to read the Christian tracts by the 4th month I work there.

To my amazement, she even mentioned “because of your God, I am so patient with you”. For your information, my colleague has never taught any of her “new colleagues” work-related and interpersonal skill and I am rather weak at these aspects. Yet, again and again, she taught me those tactics or good practice at work which usually she does not (It is a common practice that people at work are reluctant to share their expertise or soft skill as they might feel threatened to do so).

I am grateful to the Lord who allows me – an in-eloquent and somehow “blur” person to share Christ’s love & message of the cross to my colleague, someone who is one the top employee. It is indeed real when comes to this verse:- Matthew 5:16, New King James Version (NKJV)
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
I strongly urge you to be bold enough to take the challenge to shine forth Christ’s light to those who are perishing spiritually and have a willing heart to allow Christ to work through you for there’s nothing to lose.

Beside reading His word and serving, our spiritual responsibilities are also to pray, share the Gospel and leave the rest to God as He will take care of it. We just have to be God’s ambassador to show the way and reflect His light in everything we do.

If your problem gotta do with “I don’t know the Bible well to tell the gospel”, then I suggest that you spend time studying His word more so you will be ready in season and out of season to preach the word (rephrased from 2 Timothy 4:2, New King James Version (NKJV)).

Are you willing to be used by Him? You and I need to get out of our comfort zone if we indeed have known Him as our personal Savior and Lord. How can one be so selfish to keep his / her faith by himself / herself? Let’s not be ignorant of this and fall prey to Satan.

In closing, I wish to use these verses:-
Matthew 28:19-20
New King James Version (NKJV)
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
-Yit Mun

Images taken from:
http://jesuszonejohndy.wordpress.com/
http://www.gatewaytoeternity.com/gpage.html
http://mblordi.com/2011/02/22/god-hears-your-prayers/
http://www.oneyearbibleblog.com/2005/07/july_28th_readi.html

No comments: