Aug 31, 2011

The love that never let me go

Romans 8:38-39, New King James Version (NKJV)
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Believe me or not that at some points in my life, I did consider to cease being a Christian or sort to really desperate measures in solving issues.

Facing tension from my family and personal struggles, I was seriously considering the options above but it is the love of God that held me back. Today, His love has held me close that I would not trade that for anything.

It is true of what was said by a young adult over Bible Study that fighting spiritual battle(s) over a prolonged time might cause us to lose focus. I count myself in such a situation too.

Spiritual battle is real though we can’t see it. For it is said in Daniel 10:12-13, NKJV that
Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia.
When I pray, sometimes it is as if it's like hitting a wall. After struggling some years with several
unsolved and even worsened issue(s), I was reminded of the above that says when we pray, God did not left it unanswered. Sometimes the delay was caused by Satan attempt to obstruct God’s doing and we just have to wait.

I must admit that I could not fully comprehend the will of God in allowing me to be placed in my family / situation but I am sure that one day I shall know just as I also am known (1 Corinthians 13:12, NKJV) and I know who holds my tomorrow.
I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
I don't know about tomorrow,

I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.

I don't worry o'er the future,

For I know what Jesus said,

And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;


But I know Who holds tomorrow,

And I know Who holds my hand.
Ev'ry step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;

Ev'ry burden's getting lighter;


Ev'ry cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,

There no tear will dim the eyes,

At the ending of the rainbow,

Where the mountains touch the sky.

Many things about tomorrow,

I don't seem to understand;


But I know Who holds tomorrow,

And I know Who holds my hand.
I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;

But the One Who feeds the sparrow,

Is the One Who stands by me.

And the path that be my portion,

May be through the flame or flood,

But His presence goes before me,

And I'm covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrow,

I don't seem to understand;

But I know Who holds tomorrow,

And I know Who holds my hand.
It really takes faith to continue to trust God in all circumstances. Faith = the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1, NKJV).

May you stay on course too!

This writing was inspired by Tuesday Bible Study & “beyond belief to convictions” by Josh McDowell & Bob Hostetler.

-Yit Mun

Images taken from:
http://amishamerica.com/favorite-amish-dessert/?cid=20615
http://www.bloggersbase.com/self-management/30-days-of-character-development-patience/

No comments: