Oct 28, 2011

God's Blessings

God has blessed us in so many ways. He has blessed us with a great family, a nice and comfortable home to live in, food to eat, water to drink, great friends. In many countries like Ethiopia, Africa and India, many people have to suffer everyday just to get food to fill their stomachs.

And yet, so many people are still not happy with what they have. Most of us constantly complain about how we had a bad hair day, how boring life is, or even complaining how terrible the food being served is.

I was inspired to write this article because 2 weeks ago or so my brother told me that he was going to Taylors College Sri Hartamas to pack food for families who are suffering from starvation. Every volunteer is given a specific task to do, which could involve funneling, measuring, sealing, or boxing. Each finished package contains 6 highly nutritious meals containing rice, soy protein, dried vegetables, flavouring and 21 essential vitamins and minerals. They managed to pack 1 million packs of food.

Even in Malaysia, many families are having trouble earning enough money to feed their starving kids at home or even find shelter for their kids. Some parents can't even afford to buy a school uniform for their kids.

Therefore, we should really appreciate what God has given us. I often forget the fact that God has blessed me so much and provided me with everything I ever needed. I often complain because of luxuries I don't have.

In Philippians 4:11-13, the apostle Paul says:
I'm not saying that because I need anything. I have learned to be content no matter what happens to me. I know what it's like not to have what I need. I also know what it's like to have more than I need. I have learned the secret of being content no matter what happens. I am content whether I am well fed or hungry. I am content whether I have more than enough or not enough. I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.
We should always give thanks to the Lord for all He has done for us. He has blessed in so many ways. Psalm 118: 28-29 says:
You are my God , and I will give thanks to You, You are My God, and I will honour you. Give thanks to the Lord, because He is good, His faithful love continues forever.
-serena lee-

No comments: