Jul 30, 2013

TTDIGC YOUTH MISSION SHARING

 
Evelyn Tan
27TH JULY 2013
http://www.gbaships.org/


Dear Church,

How has this past week been ? I had my last C-Day (ministry day) last night. Surprisingly, I was assigned as team leader for this C-day. I say it is surprising because as a STEPper, we usually aren't given as much leadership opportunities or 'big roles' in anything so this was really a great opportunity for me and I felt really honoured. My team consisted of 5 people of different nationalities - North Ireland, Kazakhstan, Brazil and Kuching. One of them is a port volunteer, which means throughout the time the ship is in this port, she volunteered to help out and work as well. We went to a BM Village Church. It was about an hour drive away from the ship. We left the ship around 6pm and began our journey. There was a pastor who invited us picked us up. We went in two cars and later in three. The pastor and the team that was with him did not usually atend this church. From my understanding, this is like a sister church or something like that. So we got lost. Halfway through, we stopped by a kopitiam and had food - kind of like dinner. During this time we were able to fellowship with the Pastor and his team as we awaited one more member to arrive before we continued to the ship. One of his team members was an Iban lady who recently started attending this church(about 2 months now). She used to live in MIri with her late husband. As she told me abit about her story, I was stunned. I didn't know how to respond or what to say. She was with her late husband in Miri where he worked. They were married for 6 months when tragedy happened and his life was taken. She didn't go into details. She couldn't. All i could do was pray for her in my heart because she didn't seem like she wanted to talk much about it but I was glad that she chose to stay close to God in this time of grief.

We reached the church around 8.40pm, in the middle of the service. The speaker was a pastor from Sabah and if im not mistaken, it was either him or the actual pastor of the church who was a convert. That was pretty cool to hear.

We were given 15 minutes to present about the ship, share a testimony and give a song presentation. Super short time but everything went well. We had to rush off after the service to make it for curfew at 11pm, but we didn't make it.

Overall, it was quite an interesting experience and our whole team agreed that even though we didn't get time to actually fellowship with the church people since we had to rush here and there, we were very thankful for the times we got lost with the pastor and his team and for the food with had with them. Good conversations really arise in long car rides and over good food.

It was a very pleasant way of ending my C-Day. That's it from me for the week. God bless.

No comments: