Jul 31, 2013

You are special




Isn’t it wonderful to be called the child/children of God (refer to John 1:12, NKJV)? Perhaps we have heard that countless times. I went through many “identity in Christ” sort of sessions over the past few years but never have it “click” in my mind (not convinced).

As my lack of security and confidence surface, I started to ponder over it. A little “eureka moments” seems to strike a chord that no two persons are the same, even a pair of identical twins. God has created each of us differently and uniquely, that we are ALL wonderfully and fearfully made (Psalm 139:14, NKJV)

The more I ponder over God’s love over human race, especially myself, I could only stand amaze of how God could love me, of whom I am a sinner (1 Tim 1:15, NKJV). I was a sinner saved by grace (Eph 2:8, NKJV), not much difference with the guy/girl on the road you meet everyday. The main difference is that Christ has made me clean and I am clean indeed!

No doubt I felt some traces of rejection from childhood to adulthood, yet God’s loving hands are always upon me. At the time I needed Him, He is always there! In fact, He is there 24/7 and never once He was absent. Only me, who tend to wander off to my very own “wonderland”, thought that He abandoned me.

Oh, that I do not need to do more quiet time (QT), more service, more works so to say to gain my Father’s favour as He has already accepted me just as I am. However, we should not for granted that QT, service and works are not necessary but that it is something that we wish to do as God’s love overflowing in our lives.

Sometimes we try to do something to gain someone’s approval. It could be your parents, friends, boss etc but the end of the day – what God says matter.

If this is also your struggle, may you make this prayer along with me:-

Our gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for loving me, when I thought no one would care. I have never known that I am so dear to You to the extent that You sent Your one and only son Jesus Christ to die for my sins. Though I have moments of disbelief on Your promises and provision, may I be brought to total conviction of who am I and that You are in me and I am in You.

When I feel powerless or weak or rejected, may I be rest assured that You are God and what You said goes! Strengthen my inner man that Your grace is sufficient for me, for Your strength is made perfect in my weakness (2 Cor 12:9). It is when I am weak and there You could manifest Your power in my life.

Lord, I believe; help my unbelief! (Mark 9:24). May I be ever conscious of Your loving kindness upon my life.

Signing off, your dearest son/daughter {your name here}

In Jesus most precious and holy name, I pray. Amen

Much love and hugs from,
Yit Mun (aka IP Man)

Image taken from:
http://kootation.com/am-a-child-of-god-8x10-print.html

No comments: